§ 1 Applicability
- These rules forms the basis for all regulations of VIOUT. Additional rules may apply for specific systems/servers of VIOUT.
- With the guest login to/on games/servers, these rules, the data protection regulations and, if applicable, the game/server specific rules are accepted for the stay.
- By becoming a member, all published rules and regulations (these rules and all game-/server-specific rules and regulations) and the data protection regulations are accepted.
- These rules can be changed at any time without notice. Every user has to inform themselves about changes of the rules.
§ 2 Administrators and moderators
- Administrators and moderators are authoritative individuals. The decisions and instructions of these individuals must always be followed.
- If there is a suspicion of unfair treatment, direct contact with an administrator should be sought. Public discussions are not permitted.
- In general, any member may apply to become a moderator. The team then decides on the suitability of the person. There is no entitlement to be accepted into the team.
- Applications must be submitted in writing by e-mail to the administration.
§ 3 Warning
- Misbehavior on the systems/servers of VIOUT is punished with a warning.
- Due to the usually short length of stay, guests are expected to behave in full accordance to the rules. This also means that a first offence can already result in a ban.
- As long as a warning is active, it adds a warning point to the users account.
- Warnings expire within three months at the earliest. If there are several active warnings, the latest expiry date applies to all active warnings.
- In extreme cases, a 4-point warning can be issued immediately.
- As an alternative to a warning, a general admonishment may be issued. This must be appropriate to the situation.
- General admonishments are explicitly not a warning and do not contribute any points to the warning profile. An entry in the register "Moderative Messages" is only for documentational purposes.
- If the profile receives a warning, an action is initiated according to the number of active points
- LAST warning, no sanction yet
- Temporary ban of seven days on all systems of VIOUT
- Temporary ban of one month on all systems of VIOUT
- Permanent ban on all systems of VIOUT
- Bans remain permanently publicly visible on the user profile. The user is from then on considered to have been "previously convicted".
- Warnings can be appealed.
- An appeal will be handled by a team member who is not the team member who issued the warning.
- If the appeal is successful, warnings and their consequences (e.g. sanctions or the status "previously convicted") are invalidated and deleted.
§ 4 Misconduct
- General: According to the law of the Federal Republic of Germany illegal content, e.g:
- Insults/hostility against persons/groups
- Legal advice
- Material that is offensive/endangering to youths/glorifies violence/questionable
- Malware distribution
- Distribution of "fake news" or similar
- Provocation of other users
- Enticing away users to other servers/groups
- Attacking the systems of Virtual-Outlaws or deliberately causing impairments
- Spam, e.g:
- Permanent Caps-Lock
- Line-Splitting (unnecessary splitting of words/phrases on several lines)
- Permanent resending of transmissions/messages
- Deliberately sending noises to scare or annoy
§ 5 Accounts
- The creation of multiple accounts is not permitted.
- The sharing of an account among several people is not permitted.
- The impersonation of a different identity is not permitted.
- If revealed, all affected accounts will receive a 4-point warning.
- The regulations from § 4 apply for account names and content (e.g. profile).